- 1 1⁄2 cup all purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon banana flavor (optional)*
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans/walnut or a combo 1⁄2 cup cinnamon flav-r-bites (optional)*
- 2 tablespoons sparkling sugar (optional)*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt… set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle, beat together bananas, sugar, oil, buttermilk, vanilla, eggs and banana flavoring until relatively smooth.
- Add in coconut, nuts and flav-r-bites.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and cover with foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Remove loaf from pan and let cool before slicing.
- Bread can be held at room temp, wrapped well in plastic wrap for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
There’s more where that came from! Ptownie has more to share about our special town at land’s end. Check out our guide to The Dog Days of Summer in Provincetown, MA!