This Sandwich was inspired by a dish my great grandfather used to make with left overs from Christmas dinner! Its earthy, tangy & comforting!
Confit Duck Ingredients:
- 2 duck legs
- 1 tbsp black peppercorn
- 1 tbps salt
- 2 cups duck fat
- 1/2 Cup bacon fat
- 1 lb butter
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- Slow poach these ingredients in oven at 300 for 3 hours.
- Remove the duck legs and strain the fats, store for another use.
- Pull the skin and crisp for the sandwich.
- 1/2 lb goose livers, Rinsed and patted dry.
- 1/2 med red onion
- Saute & deglaze w/ 1/4 cup dry red wine
- Add a few sprigs fresh thyme, salt & pepper
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Place ingredients in a food processor with 1/2 cups of butter cubes, 1/4 cup cherry jam, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Blend until a smooth mousse
Oven Dried Mushroom Ragout:
- 1 cup each, baby bella, oyster & shiitake chopped
- Drizzled olive oil and salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper
- Roast for 15 minutes @ 375
Choose a beautiful crusty baguette (We use Iggy’s!), Cut to size desired, spread bottom with goose pate and build duck confit, crispy duck skin, mushrooms, arugula and a drizzle of olive oil & fresh cracked pepper.
There’s more where that came from! Ptownie has more to share about our special town at land’s end. Check out our guide on how to bake Chequessett Chocolate Pure Chocolate Chunk Cookies!