This Sandwich was inspired by a dish my great grandfather used to make with left overs from Christmas dinner! Its earthy, tangy & comforting!
Connie’s Bakery Duck
Recipe courtesy of Connie's Bakery
Confit Duck Ingredients:
- 2 duck legs
- 1 tbsp black peppercorn
- 1 tbps salt
- 2 cups duck fat
- 1/2 Cup bacon fat
- 1 lb butter
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- Slow poach these ingredients in oven at 300 for 3 hours.
- Remove the duck legs and strain the fats, store for another use.
- Pull the skin and crisp for the sandwich.
- 1/2 lb goose livers, Rinsed and patted dry.
- 1/2 med red onion
- Saute & deglaze w/ 1/4 cup dry red wine
- Add a few sprigs fresh thyme, salt & pepper
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Place ingredients in a food processor with 1/2 cups of butter cubes, 1/4 cup cherry jam, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Blend until a smooth mousse
Oven Dried Mushroom Ragout:
- 1 cup each, baby bella, oyster & shiitake chopped
- Drizzled olive oil and salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper
- Roast for 15 minutes @ 375
Choose a beautiful crusty baguette (We use Iggy’s!), Cut to size desired, spread bottom with goose pate and build duck confit, crispy duck skin, mushrooms, arugula and a drizzle of olive oil & fresh cracked pepper.