- 16 arbol chilis
- 16 garlic cloves
- 4 medium white onions
- 4 sprigs of thyme (leaves only)
- 12 cloves
- 4 cups orange juice
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 4 tbsp. black pepper
- 4 tbsp dry oregano
- 4 tbsp cumin
- 6 tbsp paprika
- 9 tbsp salt
- 4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 boneless pork shoulders
Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
- 10 tomatillos
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ bunch cilantro
- ¼ white onion
- 2 serrano peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to the pepper to taste
- ½ pineapple
- 3 scallions
- Slice pork shoulders ½ inch thick slices
- Place on deep bowl set aside.
- Blend all ingredients from marinade, pour over pork shoulder slices, and make sure all pork is evenly covered.
- Cover and refrigerate over night or for 24 hours.
- After marinating place contents of bowl in deep baking pan and cover.
- Preheat oven to 400, and bake for 3 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork from juices and let it cool down. Set juices aside.
- Once pork has cooled, dice into ½ inch cubes.
- Preheat frying pan, toss in 8oz. of cubed pork along with 2 oz. of remaining juice, until it is hot and ready to serve.
- Warm corn tortillas on grill or stovetop
- Once warm, fill tacos with pork, and garnish with grilled diced pineapple, scallion, cilantro leaves, and top with tomatillo salsa
For Salsa: Process
- Wash tomatillos, cilantro, and peppers in cold water
- Blend with remaining ingredients until smooth.
For Garnishes: Process
- Peel pineapple
- Remove center and slice into ½ inch thick slices
- Grill 30 seconds each side, and set aside to cool.
- Once cool dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Marinate scallions in olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper and grill for 1 minute
- Set aside with pineapple