This is a very elegant dish, simple to make, delicious to eat, and is sure to impress.
Filling (makes enough for 4 portions) Ingredients:
- 8 tbsp butter
- 8 tbsp flour
- 1¹/² tbsp oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 cup of edamame
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tbsp garlic salt
- ½ tbsp seasoning salt
- 12oz lobster stock
- 1 lb lobster meat
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 box puff pastry
- In a medium sized pot, heat your oil over low to medium -low heat. Chop the carrots, onions, and celery into small pieces and add to the pot. Cook for a 5 minutes.
- Next add the chopped garlic, edamame beans, garlic salt, seasoning salt, parsley and butter. Continue cooking a few more minutes. Add the flour and stir until fully incorporated with the butter and vegetables.
- At this point add the wine and lobster stock and bring to a boil. Add the milk and reduce to simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Lastly, add the chunks of lobster meat and heat through.
Cooking Puff Pastry:
- Allow the pastry to thaw according to the instructions. Once thawed open the dough, lay flat, and cut out 6 inch rounds. If you don’t have a pastry cutter, I suggest using a mason jar lid or similar object as a guide.
- Place the rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper leaving two inches in between each round.
- Pierce the center 2/3 with a fork. This will encourage the sides to rise and the middle to remain flat. By doing this you will have a perfect pastry bowl for your lobster filling.
- Bake according to instructions.
- Plating: Place a pastry round into a shallow bowl or on a plate, fill with lobster filling, and enjoy.
There’s more where that came from! Ptownie has more to share about our special town at land’s end. Check out our guide on how to cook and eat a lobster!