This is a very elegant dish, simple to make, delicious to eat, and is sure to impress.
Lobster Pot Pie
Recipe courtesy of Bespoke Soirees
Filling (makes enough for 4 portions) Ingredients:
- 8 tbsp butter
- 8 tbsp flour
- 1¹/² tbsp oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 cup of edamame
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tbsp garlic salt
- ½ tbsp seasoning salt
- 12oz lobster stock
- 1 lb lobster meat
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 box puff pastry
- In a medium sized pot, heat your oil over low to medium -low heat. Chop the carrots, onions, and celery into small pieces and add to the pot. Cook for a 5 minutes.
- Next add the chopped garlic, edamame beans, garlic salt, seasoning salt, parsley and butter. Continue cooking a few more minutes. Add the flour and stir until fully incorporated with the butter and vegetables.
- At this point add the wine and lobster stock and bring to a boil. Add the milk and reduce to simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Lastly, add the chunks of lobster meat and heat through.
Cooking Puff Pastry:
- Allow the pastry to thaw according to the instructions. Once thawed open the dough, lay flat, and cut out 6 inch rounds. If you don’t have a pastry cutter, I suggest using a mason jar lid or similar object as a guide.
- Place the rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper leaving two inches in between each round.
- Pierce the center 2/3 with a fork. This will encourage the sides to rise and the middle to remain flat. By doing this you will have a perfect pastry bowl for your lobster filling.
- Bake according to instructions.
- Plating: Place a pastry round into a shallow bowl or on a plate, fill with lobster filling, and enjoy.