Note: All cheeses should be at room temperature when making.
Yields: 1 pie
- 1 lb ricotta
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 pint sour cream
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch-deep pie dish, roughly 3 inches high, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream the ricotta, cream cheese, eggs and sugar. Hold.
- In a second mixing bowl cream the cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla, sour cream and butter. Slowly incorporate flour. Hold.
- Fold together batters from bowls 1 and 2.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Turn oven off and leave in oven for another hour. Do not open oven to avoid cracking of cake.
- Option to serve with fruit. At the restaurant we serve a slice with candied citrus, blood orange segments and an orange glaze.