The first impression a piece of art makes when you walk into a gallery can be thrilling. But sometimes what’s even more exciting is discovering that what you see up close is not at all what you thought you saw from afar. All of the pieces here had that...
What’s New: TEDx Provincetown: Hyperlocal
TEDx: Provincetown returns, this year with the theme of hyperlocal—promoting people doing innovative impactful things in their communities, whether in the arts, sports, entrepreneurship, with emphasis on those whose local implementation could also be used in other communities. TEDx is on June 17th in the historic building at the end of Ryder Street, providing a small, intimate setting for an exchange of ideas destined to go far beyond Provincetown.
Included in this year’s lineup:
- Julie Wake, Executive Director of Arts Foundation of Cape Cod on connecting cultural organizations
- Julian Cyr: state senator on how people can get involved in local government
- Oren Sherman: renowned artist creating a hybrid way of being creative
- Rick Miller: psychotherapist who developed nonprofit during the pandemic
- Tara Vargas Wallace: executive director of Amplify POC Cape Cod
- Nick Anguelov: public policy professor on how fashion can be sustainable
- Teresa Parker: Publisher of the Provincetown Independent on locally owned journalism
- Patty O’Connor: supply chain officer of Feeding San Diego combating hunger on how to be sustainable about reducing food waste
And TEDx is still looking for volunteers! Go to tedxprovincetown.com/contact to be part of it all!
More Recent Provincetown News
For more years than many of us can remember, summers in Provincetown weren’t complete without the sight of a little girl walking up and down Commercial Street, calling out in a lovely singsong voice, “Lemonade! Fifty cents! Lemonade!” That little girl...
One of the great bonuses of being an artist is the ability to meet and interact with other artists. In these moments, the work they produce becomes more than an artifact, it becomes an extension of the times we’ve had together, the conversations, the laughs...
2022 in Review This month the full data for 2022 is available and it is only a pretty picture if you are selling a property on the Outer Cape. See the below for the full YOY statistics, but here is the summary. Inventory is way down, prices are up, and the...
Guide to Winter Dining in Provincetown! We are always asked “What’s Open for Food in the Winter?” Well here you are! 1620 Brewhouse 214 Commercial Street (508) 413-9687 Tue&Thu-Sun 12pm-9pm Where everyone is welcome to come, grab a...