What’s New: TEDx Provincetown: Hyperlocal
TEDx: Provincetown returns, this year with the theme of hyperlocal—promoting people doing innovative impactful things in their communities, whether in the arts, sports, entrepreneurship, with emphasis on those whose local implementation could also be used in other communities. TEDx is on June 17th in the historic building at the end of Ryder Street, providing a small, intimate setting for an exchange of ideas destined to go far beyond Provincetown.
Included in this year’s lineup:
- Julie Wake, Executive Director of Arts Foundation of Cape Cod on connecting cultural organizations
- Julian Cyr: state senator on how people can get involved in local government
- Oren Sherman: renowned artist creating a hybrid way of being creative
- Rick Miller: psychotherapist who developed nonprofit during the pandemic
- Tara Vargas Wallace: executive director of Amplify POC Cape Cod
- Nick Anguelov: public policy professor on how fashion can be sustainable
- Teresa Parker: Publisher of the Provincetown Independent on locally owned journalism
- Patty O’Connor: supply chain officer of Feeding San Diego combating hunger on how to be sustainable about reducing food waste
And TEDx is still looking for volunteers! Go to tedxprovincetown.com/contact to be part of it all!