The first impression a piece of art makes when you walk into a gallery can be thrilling. But sometimes what’s even more exciting is discovering that what you see up close is not at all what you thought you saw from afar. All of the pieces here had that...
Meet WOMR, Your Community Radio Station!
We thought you’d like to learn a little about our partner WOMR/WFMR, Cape Cod’s only community radio station. WOMR’s purpose is to build community through media.
Mission statement: To operate a non-profit, non-commercial community radio station on Cape Cod providing a media platform to present local, eclectic, entertaining, informative and educational programming; and to encourage community participation in all aspects of the station.
Values statement: WOMR is built on a foundation of volunteerism, sustained by the financial support of our listeners, and committed to the freedom of expression of our individual and collective voices. These values inspire all of our work.
- We present programming intended to meet the needs of local people not served fully by other media outlets.
- We offer opportunities for many people to share their perspectives, experiences, and concerns with their neighbors, near and far.
- We reflect the Cape Cod community, a unique and eclectic region with a rich culture and history. Founded in Provincetown, we proudly carry forward the legacy of those radio visionaries to all of Cape Cod and beyond.
- We seek diversity in our programming and welcome the participation of all genders, ages, races, and physical abilities in our activities. We are a voice for individual creativity, for inclusion, for those whose voices are often unheard, for celebrating the past and for embracing the future.
- We collaborate with other organizations, groups, and individuals in order to enrich and support our local and regional community.
- We are committed to engaging our listeners and potential listeners, and to be accessible and responsive to them.
- We employ democratic and transparent principles in the governance of the organization.
- We adhere to both the letter and spirit of the FCC laws governing non-commercial broadcasting and the IRS regulations for not-for-profit organizations.
- We manage the corporation’s financial resources, the organization’s human resources, and the planet’s physical resources responsibly. We recognize and call attention to the fragile land mass and marine environment of our home on Cape Cod.
- We make every effort to achieve professional excellence as radio hosts and journalists.
More Recent Provincetown News
For more years than many of us can remember, summers in Provincetown weren’t complete without the sight of a little girl walking up and down Commercial Street, calling out in a lovely singsong voice, “Lemonade! Fifty cents! Lemonade!” That little girl...
One of the great bonuses of being an artist is the ability to meet and interact with other artists. In these moments, the work they produce becomes more than an artifact, it becomes an extension of the times we’ve had together, the conversations, the laughs...
2022 in Review This month the full data for 2022 is available and it is only a pretty picture if you are selling a property on the Outer Cape. See the below for the full YOY statistics, but here is the summary. Inventory is way down, prices are up, and the...
Guide to Winter Dining in Provincetown! We are always asked “What’s Open for Food in the Winter?” Well here you are! 1620 Brewhouse 214 Commercial Street (508) 413-9687 Tue&Thu-Sun 12pm-9pm Where everyone is welcome to come, grab a...